Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A card from guest designer Melissa Craig

Good Morning!  Melissa here with another card to share 

Supplies
Stamps:  It's All About Love (Fun 'n Flair), Coffee Birgitta (CC Designs)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Card stock:  Neenah Classic Crest, Sweet Cheeks, Mud Pie (Raisin Boat), Whisper White (SU!)
Paper: Sugared (Basic Grey)
Copics:  E000, E00, E33, E34, E51, E53, R11, RV000, RV02, RV10, YG17, YG67
Tools:  Scor-Pal, Scor-Envy, Cuttlebug, Die-Namics Circles, Die-Namics Sentiment Strips (MFT), Scallop Circle Nesties (Spellbinders), Baby's Breath embossing folder
Embellishments:  Mulberry flowers (Prima), Sugared Brads (Doodlebug)


I used a great sketch from The Sweet Stop as my jumping off point.  As I stared at that cute sketch, it hit me.... Scor-Envy!  So I pulled out some great card stock from Raisin Boat (Sweet Cheeks) and started my card.  I used the size for an A2 size envelope.  So I cut my card stock 8x8 and then scored according to the markings on the Scor-Envy.  Then I cut a piece of designer paper into triangles and then fit it to the top and bottom pieces of envelope.  I embossed the side panels.  But since this is a card, I needed an inside.


So, stamping a sweet heart border on a white panel, I created the inside of the card.  I left plenty of room for a personal message.

I had so much fun creating this card!!

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful the image is gorgeous and the layout of your creation so beautifully presented too! x

Cathy said...

gorgeos, love everything about this card, got to try one!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

joolaa said...

it's so sweety girl and beauty card :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ravengirl said...

Love it! This is a darling little envelope card!